DoE for Bioprocess Optimisation
D301 - 3 days
Run by UCL in partnership with, and co-presented by, Prism.
This module shows practitioners how experimental design techniques can be used to rapidly understand and optimise bioprocess performance. It provides managers with methods to ensure the whole bioprocess sequence is operating robustly and development budgets are used effectively. Training is focused on the hands on use of DoE software rather than underlying statistics.
Topics coveredBioprocess case studies, supported by a series of introductory and expert lectures will enable you to:
- Generate appropriate experimental designs within fixed research budgets and timescales
- Ensure analytical methods can be validated and provide reliable data for process evaluation
- Rapidly screen and optimise different fermentation media and operating conditions
- Obtain the highest yield of active product throughout your downstream process sequence
- Introduction to Module and Design of Experiments
- Introduction to Experimental Design Techniques and Software
- Case Studies: Analytical Method Validation (OFAT vs DoE)
- Industrial Analytical Method Validation using DoE
- Screening and Optimisation of Microbial Fermentations
- Case Study: Fermentation Process Screening
- Case Study: Fermentation Process Optimisation and Scale-Up
- Application of DoE in Mammalian Cell Culture Process Development
- Case Study: Primary Product Recovery by Microfiltration
- Optimisation and Validation of Chromatographic Steps for Antibody Purification
- Protein Refolding, Stabilisation and Formulation
- Bioprocess Management and Quality Benefits of DoE
- Discussion Forum
- A social networking event will be held for delegates and speakers
Software Tools Used
We also use our own simulation tool, ProSim, in this workshop.
Who should attend?
- New & improving DoE Practitioners.
- Those wishing to understand how to DoE relates to Bioprocess applications.
Some familiarity with DoE essential.
Upcoming public deliveries of this workshop...
To view our full public training programme, please click here.
Note: public deliveries of this workshop are offered in collaboration with an external partner, so our partner's prices, discounts, cancellation policy and other T&Cs will be applied instead of our own. Please contact us for more information.