MVA & Calibration Fundamentals
M301 - 3 days
This 3-day workshop provides you with both the understanding and and the hands-on experience of the range of powerful methods and tools to help you to turn large complex multivariate data into informed decisions. The three modules of this workshop (M101, M102, M103) may also be taken separately.
Topics coveredDay 1:
- Pre-processing of data
- Principal Components Analysis (PCA)
- Pattern recognition techniques
- Discern between clusters of samples or outliers, with or without class information
- Class separating information
- Soft Independent Modelling of Class Analogy (SIMCA)
- PLS-Discriminant Analysis (PLS-DA)
- Relate two data matrices X and Y
- Principal Components Regression (PCR)
- Partial Least Squares (PLS)
- Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships (QSAR)
- Calibration and Prediction
- Batch Process Analysis
Software Tools Used
Attendees may also be interested in exploring Prism's free online 3D Visualiser tool.
Who should attend?
- Lead Users and Potential Lead Users