Six Sigma Lead User Programme
S601 - 6 days
Master the Six Sigma framework with our 6-day programme, and understand the work flow of activities to gain process understanding, confidence and control with continuous improvement and risk management to sustain the gains.
Topics coveredDay 1: Qualify (Define & Measure):
- Motivation & TPP: Accuracy, Precision etc. & baseline Control, Capability & Precision-to-Tolerance
- Graphical Analysis & Summary Statistics: data types, distributions & transformations; An introduction to JMP.
- Process Flow & Map (SIPOC), Cause-&-Effect (Fishbone), CNX: fix Controls standardise/SOP; identify Noise (Ruggedness) / eXperimental (Regression & Robustness) parameters.
- Prioritise CNXs: Prioritisation Matrix & FMEA.
- Data Collection & Data Formatting: sampling plans / schemes & data collection templates.
- Noise (Ruggedness) focus: Variation Management, Precision analysis & MSA.
- eXperimental (Regression/Robustness) focus: Hypothesis Testing (One, two & multi factors, including Equivalence Testing), Analysis of Variance (ANOVA & ANCOVA) & Regression.
- DoE (Scope-screen-optimise & robustness, leading to control and design space).
- Simulation & initial Risk Assessment (Monte Carlo) and revise sampling plans if necessary.
- Validation Tests (e.g., Linearity, Range, LoD / LoQ, Accuracy, Precision & Robustness): apply previously learned tools (Precision Analysis, Hypothesis Testing, Regression, etc.).
- Risk Assessment & Control Strategy: FMEA, Error Proofing, Operational Definitions & Control Strategy.
- Control Charts & Capability (Short- & long-term variation).
- Continuous Improvement & Risk Assessment: Exploit Understanding; Specification Setting, more on Statistical Intervals & Stability)
Software Tools Used
Who should attend?
- All scientists or engineers looking to become a load user for Six Sigma projects