R Programming - Course 2
F107 - 1 day
The base R distribution and the vast number of add-on packages provide a wealth of functions for data management and statistical analyses. However understanding how to program in R will enable you to work more efficiently by writing code for re-use in routine analyses. It will also equip you to run simulations and implement novel or customised methods. This workshop introduces the fundamentals of R programming, looks at ways to improve the efficiency of R code, considers how to debug code and how to make use of multiple cores (on Windows).
- Overview of data structures in R
- Flow control (for loops, if/else blocks)
- Efficient code, vectorization
- Running code on multiple cores
- Writing functions
- Error handling and debugging
Software Tools Used
Who should attend?
- Statisticians, data analysts or other professionals who would like to use R for statistical analysis.
Basic knowledge of R, such as taught in F106 Getting Started with R - Course 1